Articles and News of Class 1972
- Created: 01 November 2012
On 13 Oct 2012 (Sat), we had our happy 40th Anniversary Reunion dinner gathering. This year we had a record turnout: 50 students, 10 teachers, and 8 spouses plus 1 child !
The great success was made possible by the great support from our old boys. And behind the scene, thanks to David Fung Sing Pong who contributes so much to organise the function along with the support from a number of us.
Please click here for the album.
- Created: 14 May 2012
After rounds of planning, the Organisation Committee had finalised on the major details of our 40th Anniversary Gathering:
Event 1: Oct 13th - 2:30pm to 5:30pm tour of Wah Yan, sports and ideas sharing activities;
Event 2: Oct 13th - 6:30pm drinks, 7:30pm Dinner at Fortunatus Stella Restaurant, 88 Caroline Hill Road, Causeway Bay;
Event 3: Oct 14th - 8:30am to 6:00pm Tour Lantau Big Buddha and Tai O fishing village, lunch at Tai O.
For further details, please click here.
- Created: 14 May 2012
Dear WYK1972 fellows,
After rounds of planning, the organisation committee had finalised on the major details of our 40th Anniversary Gathering. I provide an attachment here with the details and also summarise below:
Event 1: Oct 13th - 2:30pm to 5:30pm tour of Wah Yan, sports and ideas sharing activities (Free)
Event 2: Oct 13th - 6:30pm drinks, 7:30pm Dinner at Fortunatus Stella Restaurant, 88 Caroline Hill Road, Causeway Bay (HK$800 to HK$1,000 pp)
Event 3: Oct 14th - 8:30am to 6:00pm Tour Lantau Big Buddha and Tai O fishing village, lunch at Tai O (transport and meal cost will be shared by participants, around HK$200 pp)
Yourself and immediate family members are welcome to join all of the above.
Each of us will have the option of a 2 minutes sharing during the dinner, the topic is open (eg personal update, interesting experience or plan), can even be a personal or group performance. If you want to show slides, pictures or video, please provide in advance.
The dinner venue is at the basement floor and the entire floor will just fit our event, so we do not have to worry too much about noise level. There is no corkage charge and no service charge. We welcome sponsorship on drinks, or BYO a bottle for sharing. Please let me know if you will bring via the signup form.
What you need to do:
1. Email back the signup form indicating which events you will attend and the names of accompanying family members, we need this information to confirm on different bookings.
2. Help to notify WYK1972 fellows that are missing on our contacts list, an excel file is attached here with the working email contact addresses and the missing list for your reference. We are taking a 一個都不能少mind set for this gathering, please take it as your duty to locate at least one missing fellow. We will offer a prize for the best search result.
3. Derek Fung Kai Ming will co-ordinate the publishing of a souvenir book, he will be in touch to gather further information for sharing.
Pre payment will be required for Event 2, we will finalise the cost and payment method after having an idea on total number of participants.
P.S. The attachments are in pdf and Excel formats, if you cannot open them, please drop me a note.
Looking forward to the bonding, keep well in the meantime.
- Created: 27 January 2012
We had our first organising meeting on the 17th of Jan and made the following decisions:
1. The date of the dinner event will be 13th October (Saturday) 2012. We chose October for the better weather, we also want to avoid the summer holiday and China golden week rush.
2. The venue : first choice is WYK with catering service, failing that, we will choose a venue with private function room and AV equipment.
3. There will be a one day social outing for students and family on 14th October, possibly to one of the islands of Hong Kong.